What's Looking Good in May 2024

I love that flax @DrCase . A few years ago the farmers were growing this near here - acres of it, and as it moved in the breeze it looked like the ocean on a fine day. It was much more pleasing to the eye than the oil seed rape rubbish they get paid to grow now - that bright yellow garrish crop hurts the eye, poisons the food and makes the bees very angry - it's used in chemicals that are designed to kill bugs and they put it in the ''pretend butter''
The scent from a lily is second to none, but watch out -they are poisonous to cats. Is the red leaf Ricinus?
Lovely photos!

Thanks Tetters The red leaf is one of many red maples that popped up in the garden .
So the soil there is quite acid then. I think you should take lots of pictures and present us with a showcase, your gardens have fascinated me for ages. ... please ☺️
The sweet sweet smell of gardenias early in the day...by afternoon they change smells to more like freshly cut grass. Fascinating.

View attachment 183
Beautiful!
We can't grow them here - soil isn't right. It seems like the majority of gardens in the USA are of an acid nature? By the way @Meadowlark, when it comes to the gardenia, we use the term ''scent'' It's SCENT that wafts through poetic, warm and lovely spaces which makes one relax and contemplate the meaning of life. When we use the word ''smell'' we are referring to the cows bums on a humid morning. 😂

We can't grow them here - soil isn't right. It seems like the majority of gardens in the USA are of an acid nature? By the way @Meadowlark, when it comes to the gardenia, we use the term ''scent'' It's SCENT that wafts through poetic, warm and lovely spaces which makes one relax and contemplate the meaning of life. When we use the word ''smell'' we are referring to the cows bums on a humid morning. 😂
Yes, especially in the Eastern part of Texas soils tend to be acidic...but west Texas becomes alkaline and in between can be tricky. Point taken regarding "SCENT"...but that will be a hard to break habit.

Back