What's Looking Good in June 2024

I recognised the lilies, and I feel certain the others are Mirabilis. Do they close their petals in the mornings, and open them again in the afternoons @DrCase ? because they are often known as the four o'clock flowers. They have lots of different colours and can be easily grown from seed - I found a picture online.....
1718261462154.webp

I recognised the lilies, and I feel certain the others are Mirabilis. Do they close their petals in the mornings, and open them again in the afternoons @DrCase ? because they are often known as the four o'clock flowers. They have lots of different colours and can be easily grown from seed - I found a picture online.....
View attachment 597

Yep they do open and close during the day

Righto! I looked up fox tail fern, and it said '' Asparagus densiflorous 'myersii' ''
It says that it's hardy in the USA from zone 9 upwards, but here I would have to look after it indoors, so I don't think I will trouble with it. I wish I could, but that's life!!:cautious: It's mid summer now, and freezing cold. We have an easterly wind again this morning, so I shall have to garden again with my coat on. The big joke is, the people who tell lies are still trying to tell us that it will soon be doomsday, and it's the hottest springtime we have ever had, and we will soon go up in eternal flames!! What a load of b... old ballony :rolleyes:

I think the second photo may be a pineapple lily, but I still can't work out the gorgeous pink flower in the first one :unsure:

Last edited:
Righto! I looked up fox tail fern, and it said '' Asparagus densiflorous 'myersii' ''
It says that it's hardy in the USA from zone 9 upwards, but here I would have to look after it indoors, so I don't think I will trouble with it. I wish I could, but that's life!!:cautious: It's mid summer now, and freezing cold. We have an easterly wind again this morning, so I shall have to garden again with my coat on. The big joke is, the people who tell lies are still trying to tell us that it will soon be doomsday, and it's the hottest springtime we have ever had, and we will soon go up in eternal flames!! What a load of b... old ballony :rolleyes:

I think the second photo may be a pineapple lily, but I still can't work out the gorgeous pink flower in the first one :unsure:

I did winter the 3 pots of fox tail in my office , they really took off once they came out in the spring

IMG_2870.webp

Back