What's Looking Good in September 2024

The weather is getting better … we got 3 1/2” from the hurricane

View attachment 1260View attachment 1261
Gorgeous plantings @DrCase !!
Your first pic of the Mexican petunia, mine has to come out of my garden bed. They say that somtimes, usually only in constantly damp soil, they start spreading. Mine looks like an elephant sat on it and is spreading from underground eventhough I have sandy soil that dries out quickly so, I have to dig it up once it goes dormant. I thinkI need to pot it like you have yours.
IMG_1260.webp

Well Anniekay ….. that was Dirtmechanics Mexican Petunian in the pot .

Mine is in the ground like yours , I’m watching it closely, I like it but don’t want it to get crazy on me

Well Anniekay ….. that was Dirtmechanics Mexican Petunian in the pot .

Mine is in the ground like yours , I’m watching it closely, I like it but don’t want it to get crazy on me
Oh, okay !! Old age brain malfunction !! Mine was fine the first two years, then this year, had to be a loose elephant sat on it. 🙄

20240914_081618.webp

It fascinates me how much less friction between tree roots and the bulbed plants there is compared to the fuss trees put up when its grass. They usually steal water from grass that is a poor storehouse anyway and it dies. If you have a barren spot because of trees consider bulbs, if you can get them in the ground.

Back