What's Looking Good in August 2024

• Thread starter Thread starter Zigs
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the extra elephant Mr Mechanic :)
For some reason the bulbs around here fare well in clay. Should one accidently drop phosphorus on them, the following spring or summer growth can be remarkable. I was gonna ask my wife what her secret was but then I remembered that I may have had some part in growing the taro forest further down in the flat of the lawn.

For some reason the bulbs around here fare well in clay. Should one accidently drop phosphorus on them, the following spring or summer growth can be remarkable. I was gonna ask my wife what her secret was but then I remembered that I may have had some part in growing the taro forest further down in the flat of the lawn.

Not white phosphorus? :eek:😁

No. I triied to look for some but a bunch of folks in UK bought it all. Bet thats a big fire
We got it all on a ship in the river just outside London :eek:

The SS Richard Montgomery beached along the Thames Estuary in 1944 eventually sinking with 1,400 tonnes of explosive cargo on board. Decades later, government efforts began to try and remove the masts in case they fell onto the cargo and detonated. The aim now is to carry out the mast removal work within the next year.

Well Cor back to yall and I hope that does not mark my garden as the start of The Last of Us. I thought it too smooth to be a fungal eruption. Definitely fair skinned when I observed it. I will revisit it in pictures. See? Buying strange compost can make you a mind numbed zombie!

ps: I was reading to see how related it was to that hollywood fungus and found it was renamed. It was originally clavaria,a gilled fungus I believe.

Stolen quote area:
The generic name Clavaria comes from the Latin clava, meaning a club. Equally obvious, and again from Latin, is the specific epithet fragilis, which means fragile.

Last edited:
Some pics from my humble little world. The plant on the table between the adirondack chairs is a $5 poinsettia from the supermarket about 4 years ago. Was 8 inches tall when I bought it. How it got like this I have no idea, but I must be doing something right. I bring it inside in the Winter. The Bistro table is my lunch area. The swing is where I have my morning coffee. And the hammock is where I digest everything. :)

Attachments

• IMG_2540.webp
    IMG_2540.webp
    299 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2539 (2).webp
    IMG_2539 (2).webp
    309.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2538.webp
    IMG_2538.webp
    368.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2537.webp
    IMG_2537.webp