IMG_2553.webp
    293.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2556.webp
    IMG_2556.webp
    266.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2557.webp
    IMG_2557.webp
    250.3 KB · Views: 8
This @Jersey Devil has to be the most interesting and amusing thread I've ever looked at, on any gardening forum I have ever looked at ever!!! I don't know whether to ''like it'' with a heart or a laugh .... um :unsure:😍🤣😍🤣

Don't I know it! Usually we have cats coming down with liver toxicity not the dogs. I assume Voodoo lilly is not only toxic but also makes them stinky dogs?
View attachment 1145
I wouldn't think anyone with a nose would want to grow a voodoo! As for liver disease, one of my little rescue dogs had it, and it was a nightmare to manage. Poor little dog had been tortured by the gypsies who took him and I had the job of trying to nurse him back to health. He was one of the sweetest natured dogs I ever took care of. He was called Henry.

A word of warning though @Jersey Devil Lilies of any kind can be very toxic to dogs if they eat any part of them 😱
Huh? I grow stuff but don't even know half the stuff I plant !!! Sounds dumb, but very true. What lillies are u talking about...which picture:oops: Or were u refering to Dirtmechanics post ?

Last edited:
Huh? I grow stuff but don't even know half the stuff I plant !!! Sounds dumb, but very true. What lillies are u talking about...which picture:oops: Or were u refering to Dirtmechanics post ?
So sorry @Jersey Devil, I had another senior moment :rolleyes: it keeps happening! I have amended my post, as it is Dirt's dog I was concerned about. @Dirtmechanic Lilies are extremely toxic to cats as well as dogs. The liver damage will be because they have access to these plants. It is just one reason I will not grow them.

@Jersey Devil, I just scanned your pictures again and cannot see any sign of Lilies in your garden. :)

Last edited:
It’s been a long hot summer in Arkansas ,, I just been watering every day waiting for rain.
Haven’t felt like posting much hopefully we’re getting close to better weather
I had the power pole incident mess with my back yard, then my mailbox box got hit in the front yard .
Anyway I have a few yard pictures

IMG_3233.webpIMG_3176.webpIMG_3312.webpIMG_3320.webpIMG_3321.webpIMG_3320.webpIMG_3321.webpIMG_3333.webpIMG_3351.webpIMG_3363.webp

Attachments

• IMG_3367.webp
    IMG_3367.webp
    241.6 KB · Views: 0
@DrCase you really shouldn't be feeling downhearted about your garden through the heat. You have created a beautiful area there with sheer hard work, and it is enough to lift anyone's spirits at the end of a busy day.
We have also had a long dry spell, and I am unable to provide enough water for my flower beds. It's a struggle to keep up with the veggies, and we have lost lots of those this year with a plague of slugs followed by drought.
This is my favourite time of year. Sit in your garden and reflect! Look at the lovely calm haven you have created and smile. Ponder what you can now add as the cooler days come along - another tree maybe for extra shade?

It’s been a long hot summer in Arkansas ,, I just been watering every day waiting for rain.
Haven’t felt like posting much hopefully we’re getting close to better weather
I had the power pole incident mess with my back yard, then my mailbox box got hit in the front yard .
Anyway I have a few yard pictures

View attachment 1181View attachment 1182View attachment 1183View attachment 1184View attachment 1185View attachment 1184View attachment 1185View attachment 1186View attachment 1187View attachment 1188
I am gonna need to audit your fertilizer expense account please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back