What's Looking Good in July 2024

• Thread starter Thread starter Zigs
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
I really love the little succulent plant above. No idea at the moment what it's called, but it is so tightly formed, I don't think a weed seed could find its way in. I wish it would spread more quickly. I shall have to propagate it !!

I really love the little succulent plant above. No idea at the moment what it's called, but it is so tightly formed, I don't think a weed seed could find its way in. I wish it would spread more quickly. I shall have to propagate it !!

Sempervivum arachnoideum. I've got some lumps of it, round the back :)

I'm particularly keen on the combination of yellows and lime green next to purple foliage. It can make a garden scheme beautiful even without the flowers - they are just the icing on the cake. Lovely!!
Have you finished clearing up now after the gales @DrCase ?

Meadowsweet. This is the plant in which some clever b discovered Aspirin. It's old name was Spirea. hence the name.

It's now called Filipendula ulmaria, good job it wasn't called that before otherwise we'd be taking 2 Filips for a headache :rolleyes:

DSC05304.webp

Just got back from an Alaskan cruise. This was in Tongass rainforest. The greenery was so beautiful

Color me jealous! I've always wanted to go on an Alaskan cruise. Was this off of a hiking trail or were you off the beaten path? Either way, yes, beautiful! I'm just curious if this is something you'd see without having to get out in the wild, so to speak.

This picture was taken in a national historical park that commemorates a battle that took place in the 1800s between an Alaskan tribe and Russians during the fur trade...it had replicas of totem poles on a guided 2 mile walk...there are many beautiful guided walks or you can get as remote as you like....lots of bear though🙂

Back