Weather..

It turned out more like 7-8 mature trees with one huge stump that I had to cut into pieces. Also, one culvert completely washed out to a downstream location. Several pushes with my small bull dozer were required to restore some "normalcy".

The only thing saving this bridge from complete destruction were the tie-offs I placed going back to well established trees. Hopefully, that's it until hurricane season.

View attachment 271
It seems there is more reporting about very stormy weather in Texas today and ''hurricane'' was mentioned as well as hail. I hope you Texans are all well prepared, and all ok.
We've had wall to wall black clouds and a few inches of rain today, not good news for the occupants of two touring caravans that just arrived for a few weeks camping!

We got a good little downpour last night and have had a few small thunderstorms over the last several days but nothing severe. Supposed to be nice and sunny throughout the next week with a few low rain chances but, overall, should be a great week coming up.

The local weather man here showed us an hour-by-hour tally of wind totals throughout the region two mornings ago (I woke up to a tornado siren). My city seemed to have a bubble around it. Highest mph was 23 while we were surrounded by 50- to 70mph. I don't think it was a mistake as the weather guy lives in my city. Anyway, I was stunned by all the limbs down when I ventured out yesterday evening for some groceries. Within a mile of my house, curbs were lined with so many branches and there were plenty of branches that hadn't been cut yet. The streets was littered with leaves. If all this is what 23 mph gusts can do, I can only imagine what 70 mph gusts can do.

Yesterday, we got more than 2 more inches.

The rains ain't over yet. In the next 10 days, we have rain chances for 6 of them, and 3 days are listed as Mostly Sunny. It's actually not particularly gloomy here. After a 2-inch dump of rain in the morning and early afternoon, we finish up with sunshine and blue skies.

Morning :)

Keep an eye on this one for Monday/Tuesday...

X1.0 / M7.3 Flare + Earth Directed CME Confirmed
June 1, 2024 @ 19:55 UTC (UPDATED)
Active sunspot region 3697 (ex 3664) continues to produce strong solar flares. The latest event was an impulsive X1.0 solar flare at 18:36 UTC (6/1/2024). This was quickly followed by a long duration M7.3 event at 19:40 UTC. The M7 flare is responsible for an asymmetric halo coronal mass ejection (CME) that appears to be Earth directed. A passage past our planet will be possible within 48-72 hours. Geomagnetic storming may be possible by Monday or Tuesday. Further updates will be added on SolarHam.com regarding a tracking model once one is available.

A turnaround from the lovely day we had yesterday. Up until now it's been windy and mostly cloudy with an occasional glimpse of the sun. The rain clouds are gathering now. 14C/57F

In this corner we actually had a little sunshine today, although with a cold northerly wind, so, still weeding with my coat on 🥶

I can't say that I totally understand that @Zigs. What does it mean regarding what happens here on Earth please?

Will have to keep an eye on the Solarham website to find out if it's coming our way (I check it daily)and if so, how strong it might be.

Screenshot 2024-06-02 180251.png

Usual case is that there will be a good Aurora display, worse case scenario will be that we have to shut down entire power grids to prevent transformers being burnt out and the national grid exploding :)

This is the latest update :

prospects for geomagnetic storming just diminished significantly. More to follow once any other updates are officially announced.

Screenshot 2024-06-02 180251.webp

A minor (G1) geomagnetic storm watch was added for June 4th. An eruption following an M7.3 solar flare on Saturday apparently ejected enough material to possibly pass Earth and generate a storm. Aurora sky watchers at higher latitudes should be alert beginning Monday night and into Tuesday.