Weather..

Cor, we only had light rain in our corner, and Zigs has just gone out to give the spuds some extra watering. It's just damp enough and breezy enough for me to leave my ''lazy day bed'' indoors again - looks like I'm working again today 😞 Ah well, good job I love my garden ennit! There is always something to do. Maybe a trip out to collect the remaining ingredient for the new pump filter 😊

I remember as a little boy my father asking cousin Elma what the annual rainfall in Arizona was and then saying "But hat's almost the same as here, why is it desert?"
"We get it all in three days."
Last few days have been warm and sunny, I have been standing plants out of the greenhouse, but grey and a little rain this morning. I remade all my plumbing for rainwater collection from the greenhouse to include two new butts so a bit of rain will show if it is working.

That doesn't look good @Meadowlark . Just a couple of years ago we were praying for rain, and lost a lot of plants through drought. Now you're praying for some sunshine to dry things up a bit. We sure are coming out of an ice age. Are the cows contained now? Is there another paddock to hold them in? Do you have a barn for them?

Cows are pretty smart when it comes to survival. They take the high ground and fortunately we have plenty of that for them.

They are also very clever at finding any weak spots in the fencing. Thus, my efforts to keep ahead of the fence destruction due to flood waters.

Normally, I enjoy doing fence repairs, but this rain and flooding has put a whole new meaning to that effort. I'll post a picture of my home made bridge getting demolished by surging water...if the water ever goes down enough. :eek:

Cows are pretty smart when it comes to survival. They take the high ground and fortunately we have plenty of that for them.

They are also very clever at finding any weak spots in the fencing. Thus, my efforts to keep ahead of the fence destruction due to flood waters.

Normally, I enjoy doing fence repairs, but this rain and flooding has put a whole new meaning to that effort. I'll post a picture of my home made bridge getting demolished by surging water...if the water ever goes down enough. :eek:
Thank goodness you have the higher ground.

There are 5-6 mature trees mostly big red cedars tied up in this mangled mess that resulted in moving my bridge out of place by about three feet. I'm two days into a three-day job to restore some normalcy...but the forecasters say another 5 inches tomorrow.

It's a race to get it cleared out before the next wave...otherwise I fear the bridge will be lost. Someday I hope to return to gardening. :(

flood 2024.webp