Weather..

I moved up here from Ft. Lauderdale in 93 to get away from hurricanes. There hadn't been a hurricane here for 103 years !! Now we've had 3 in a row, coming 4 !!I
You can't run from Gaia, we just have to live with her.

@Meadowlark, I only remember one hurricane - the one we had in October 1987. It was terrifying, and in the morning early, I ventured outside, and the skyline was unrecognisable. All the big trees to the south of this land on the opposite side of the lane had come down across the road onto this land. Our ground is a bit higher than the lane, and I ventured out and walked under and over the fallen trees all along the lane to the next village to check if anyone had been trapped under the trees. The scene made me cry. I fortunately found no people or animals in trouble, but losing all the trees was like losing friends. Everyone here remembers that day.

Evidently I can't copy/paste a utube video !! See if this works

This not good.
I use my phone to come on forums and YouTube. If i watch a video on YouTube press the share button, then on the forum where you want it, press on the screen and the word copy should come up, press that and it should come up, the video will show when you post your reply.

I use my phone to come on forums and YouTube. If i watch a video on YouTube press the share button, then on the forum where you want it, press on the screen and the word copy should come up, press that and it should come up, the video will show when you post your reply.
Thank you @Logan !! I'll try editing the post with the soundless video.

IMG_1339.webp I totally forgot about this photo. I took it, looking to the west, from my back porch the evening that hurricane Milton was on it's way to the coast of Tampa Florida while still in the Gulf of Mexico. I'm hundreds of miles North of there and even without having the communication we have today, you'd know something was up.

View attachment 1541 I totally forgot about this photo. I took it, looking to the west, from my back porch the evening that hurricane Milton was on it's way to the coast of Tampa Florida while still in the Gulf of Mexico. I'm hundreds of miles North of there and even without having the communication we have today, you'd know something was up.

Breathe deep the gathering gloom :eek:

Back