Weather..

So what do you do when the hurricane is a week out? BBQ? I have been getting ready for heavy rain toward the end of the week.
Have a camp stove and propane because you won't be BBQing in the pouring rain !! ( unless you already have a propane stove, that is. I put everything "flyable" away, fill up on water and continue life as usual.

Oh and move the car away from trees, that's Important.

Have a camp stove and propane because you won't be BBQing in the pouring rain !! ( unless you already have a propane stove, that is. I put everything "flyable" away, fill up on water and continue life as usual.

Oh and move the car away from trees, that's Important.
@Anniekay Your preparations sound rather like the ones here for our Winter!Especially when we have what we term "Snow Cannons."

So what do you do when the hurricane is a week out? BBQ? I have been getting ready for heavy rain toward the end of the week.
We've already had one this year...a direct hit...so other than make sure all tanks are topped off, we closely watch the weather for any changing in the path and/or intensity.

This one looks to be a problem for Louisiana. My advice is never, ever, take one of these storms for granted. Even so called small ones can do tremendous damage and there is always the risk of tangential consequences.

The last time tag in the white of the cone of uncertainty shown below is about dead center on my place. A "small" hurricane that did untold damage to timber.

74316346007-beryl-7624-7-am-cdt.webp

We've already had one this year...a direct hit...so other than make sure all tanks are topped off, we closely watch the weather for any changing in the path and/or intensity.

This one looks to be a problem for Louisiana. My advice is never, ever, take one of these storms for granted. Even so called small ones can do tremendous damage and there is always the risk of tangential consequences.

The last time tag in the white of the cone of uncertainty shown below is about dead center on my place. A "small" hurricane that did untold damage to timber.

View attachment 1224
Looks like I might be up Thursday morning.

Overcast. We have been almost totally without sunshine since Sept 2 !! I don't think we have had more than 5 minutes total in sunshine since this started. All the hurricanes and other weather disturbances have shoved their almost rainless clouds my way.
If we don't get some clearing or cleared skies by Monday, it will be two weeks with gray, sunless conditions. Temps haven't gone above 80 degrees not once. Great for humans but my garden doesn't know whether to sleep, grow or die.

I don't remember the last time it rained. We have not had any significant rain for two months Tomorrow the second hurricane in Sept is moving up this way and we are hardly gonna get a few drops. Carolina got 18 inches from this storm, and although no one like to see that... we get zilch. My lawn looked soooo pretty this Spring too.:( It seems like there is a magnetic field over us, every aproaching storm just splits in two and avoids us.

I don't remember the last time it rained. We have not had any significant rain for two months Tomorrow the second hurricane in Sept is moving up this way and we are hardly gonna get a few drops. Carolina got 18 inches from this storm, and although no one like to see that... we get zilch. My lawn looked soooo pretty this Spring too.:( It seems like there is a magnetic field over us, every aproaching storm just splits in two and avoids us.
Hang in there...your luck will change ...eventually. After over 50 inches of rain fell as measured in my rain gauge in one stretch back in May/June here, I got zero rain for over two months. That was followed by a direct hit from Hurricane Beryl and about 10 inches of rain.

Crazy weather. I'm amazed sometimes at the resilience of plants...being able to survive even thrive in the prolonged absence of rainfall.