The Cactus Thread

Wow, nice! How tall is that? In the photo it doesn't look very tall but in the video it looks massive, especially compared to the other cacti in the area.

Think Tetters is right, nearest I've got to it is a Kalanchoe but it isn't that one...

View attachment 786
Another name I've heard for this one is "Mother of thousands ".

I was given some and planted it in my rock garden. BIG mistake !! Three years later and I an
M still finding them popping up !!

Thsnks all for the reply to my "Cousin It" cactus. He doesn't produce any red spikes, doesn't have hooked spines either. All he does is make small pink flowers.

Another name I've heard for this one is "Mother of thousands ".

I was given some and planted it in my rock garden. BIG mistake !! Three years later and I an
M still finding them popping up !!

Thsnks all for the reply to my "Cousin It" cactus. He doesn't produce any red spikes, doesn't have hooked spines either. All he does is make small pink flowers.

Yep, they drop plantlets off the leaves ready to take root anywhere. I've got them coming up in the gravel in the cactus shop :rolleyes:

Aah, still think he's a Mammillaria, just not a bocasana then :) Can you take a pic of him when he does flower, we'll have another look then 🙂🌵

I keep a cactus diary on my website, bits and pieces that I do throughout the month.

Probably a bit boring to look at but I thought I'd stick it on here anyway 😁

Back