Tetters Flower Gardens

• Thread starter Thread starter Zigs
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
Thanks Zigs 😘
These are photos I took the day before yesterday before we cut the grass. The first picture is one of the roses that bloomed early. It's a beauty, and it's scented, and I can't remember the name at the moment.
Next is the long bed, which is the first one I dug out before I had my heart attack - that was a couple of years ago and it set me back a bit. The grass started to grow back in there, and it was this that made me work hard to get better enough to sort it out. That took 7 visits to the hospital for multiple stents to be fitted, which wasn't much fun.
I got back to the garden last year, and with a fair bit of help and lots of determination had the beds all shaping up with mulch added to help it stay slightly more weed free.
The third picture is of the third bed I dug out, which was primarily white and pink flowers. I'm afraid this one is still in a mess and needs a considerable amount of weeding.
Picture 4 is the second bed I dug, and I'm slowly working on getting that in shape. There's still a fair bit to do, and Zigs brings some more mulch over whenever I get another patch sorted. The last picture is the more untidy bit of the first long bed.
This lot was just getting straight last year when I had the stroke, which put me back again, so I'm only just really trying to get back into it again.
I felt miserable and negative when I couldn't get out there, but much much better now with every extra bit I can fit in. This is the best therapy possible for anyone who feels down in the dumps. It lifts the spirits to grow flowers. I know we can't eat them like the crops you veggie growers work on, but they sure have their place. It's full of bees too.

Wow! Looking good. Is that the new bed in the last shot Tetters?
No, this is the first one I dug out after the hay making was finished. Zigs is looking for the video - that was about three years ago I think.
The next one was just to the left of that (s'ok not the far left!) The last one was the shady one under the trees.
The back ends of the other two beds are now in need of rescue. I haven't been able to keep up because of the circumstances since a certain medical intervention.

All your beds have certainly taken some digging out and preparation Tetters. I love your choice of plants and colours too. Quite a number of gardeners would prefer more formal planting but I like the mix you have created, they blend very well together. Give yourself a pat on the back, you deserve it. :)

Back