Tetters Flower Gardens

• Thread starter Thread starter Zigs
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
More beautiful flowers! I really wish the wife would do somehting like this at the house. I would, but I just don't have the time with all the work I'm putting into the veggie garden, chickens, strawberries, the orchard (coming soon) and, hopefully, soon getting ready to add a few cows.

More beautiful flowers! I really wish the wife would do somehting like this at the house. I would, but I just don't have the time with all the work I'm putting into the veggie garden, chickens, strawberries, the orchard (coming soon) and, hopefully, soon getting ready to add a few cows.
Hire one of these......1716397795283.webp I'm sure one of these would encourage your wife to enjoy the garden as we all do. Just think of the favour you would be doing her. She doesn't know what she's missing. Failing that, choose a suitable place, dig over a one metre square, and plant a couple of choice plants, and add to it a bit at a time, and you will see a garden appear within no time at all. Make sure there's a handy seat to linger for a while for planning purposes. Rome wasn't built in a day!

What - mine or the flowers? :giggle:

Pictures in the first set show a small leafed lime tree, which will eventually reach a very lofty height, with a hardy pink geranium behind it. The roses are "blue for you" and "for your eyes only" There's a red salvia, a red dianthus, and the single bud is clary sage.

The next ones are a couple of roses I can't remember the names of, a lovely tall pale yellow thalictrum, and heuchera "palace purple"

The last two show a lot of weed growth that I sorted out this morning, with a shorter pinky mauve thalictrum, some nameless roses behind, and the red leaves belong to persicaria "red dragon" The tall ornamental grass is stipa gigantea. If the sun comes out tomorrow, I'll see if I can get a picture of the same bit again without the weeds.
The last picture is Melica which is a lovely little grass that looks like tiny grains of rice. I'm hoping it will seed well it looks so good between the flowers. One of my neighbours contributed it, and it was a new variety to me.
This afternoon provided a nice heavy shower of rain so they should look quite happy tomorrow, and make the weeds easier to shift!

How very kind of you to say so Sheal :giggle:

(another post that got left behind @Sheal ) Definitely senile dentures (that's just an expression for those on here who come from places like Texas . I have all of my own teeth!!) :LOL:

The big plant that Zigs posted a picture of there is Clary Sage. I did grow some Honesty, but have grubbed it out this year as it was being a bit of a thug.
Sometimes it's more what you take out than what you put in that improves the picture 🥴
Honesty is a lovely plant. The seed pods fascinate, and like the Bladder Senna plants, will rattle in the breeze. It just needs a reasonably big space of its own.

Back