Weather..

Heavy rain late yesterday and overnight and it's been mostly wet here today. Saw the sun for about 15 minutes this evening but it's now back to the gloom. Top temperature today 10C/50F.

It wouldn't surprise me, so many things affect our climate. did you know that if there isn't a forest within about 150 miles of the coast to pass on water vapout the centre of continents are deserts? Then there are things like that under water volcano that blew and blasted huge amounts of water vapour into the stratosphere, melting ice must be changing the salinity of the oceans, hydrofluorocarbons from old refrigerators were released, coal and oil burned, forests cut down. They all have some effect, it's why we can't really predict weather beyond three or four days, and there must be hundreds of minor factors, butterflies flapping their wings, why not changes in the space surrounding us?

Last edited:
That doesn't sound good Meadowlark and hope 'Beryl' is gentle with you when it passes through. What is the time difference between your area and us here in Britain please?

Here the weather is still not good, feeling and looking very autumnal. Summer is being skipped again this year I think. :(

Sunshine and rain showers all day, some of which have been heavy. At least the wind of the last two weeks has dropped. 13C/55F

That doesn't sound good Meadowlark and hope 'Beryl' is gentle with you when it passes through. What is the time difference between your area and us here in Britain please?
12 pm CDTis6 pm in London

We are located about 100 miles inland from the Gulf of Mexico, but have experienced 100 mph winds from hurricanes twice in the recent past. Believe me when I say it is NOT fun especially the aftermath. I have seen azalea bushes literally blown out of the ground by hurricane winds even this far from the coast.

The first outer rain band from Beryl has just arrived as I type this. I could be offline for several days depending on Beryl but will update "weather" when I can.

Thank you. I asked because I'll try and track Beryl's progress and knowing the time difference helps.

To a certain extent I know what you will be going through having experienced two hurricanes here in Britain - although they're an unusual occurrence here.

I wish you well and hope damage is minimal. Batten down the hatches, hold on to your hat and we'll see you on the other side.