Sandy garden...

Your gardens are exceptionally neat and tidy Sandy. Mine are much more willy nilly, and nowhere near as orderly.
You must spend hours and hours just on the grass cutting, and it's very precise, without a blade seemingly out of place, and I can't see a weed anywhere.
It was suggested to me once by a well meaning chap, that I might be better off as I'm growing older (much older and a bit doddery) that I should block plant the beds with the same variety and species, and that it would be easier - but I've never been persuaded that I could manage to do this, as I need my jumbled mix (or mess in the eyes of some)

@Tetters thank you. The grass is does not take as much time as would be expected. Despite the complexity of the garden, it takes about 35 minutes to mow. Then of course, theres the edging. I went to a lawn seminar (lecture) some years ago, and got a lot of tips there as to what to do, and what not to do. I'm not saying that I am by any stretch of the imagination an expert, but do have a tendency to do things differently to most.

Of all of my flowerborders, only one has just a single plant in it. All the rest have several. That speads out the colour for longer. Here is an example of one of my borders. Its a little over 12 months old. Its only my opinion, and others would not agree, but I do think that it would not look good if only a single plant was in it.

IMG_1187.webp

I do admit, I do spend a lot of time in the garden. Thinking back to the pandemic, even if we did not have a lockdown here - they are against our constitution, and therefore illegal - it did mean that I could always keep myself busy and not get bored. Theres a lot to be said for living in a rural area.

Back