Plants to identify in my new garden please.

Number 1 No idea
Number 2 Trailing African daisy (Osteospermum)
Number 3 Don't know the name of this, but we spent the best part of this morning getting rid of one. A camper stuck it in my garden years ago, and I left it to see what it did. All it did was get bigger and bigger, and throw up new bits all over the place. I'm glad to see the back of it, and I hope I never see one again. It is evergreen though.
Number 4 Viburnum tinus Eve Price
Number 5 Nandine domestica
Number 6 Myrica gale (bog myrtle)
Number 7 Pieris
Number 8 Schizostylis
Number 9 Prunus incisa Kojo no mai ??
Number 10 Osmanthus burkwoodii
Number 11 Berberis darwinii

Well done @Tetters and thank you. :) It wouldn't have occurred to me that number 9 could be Prunus, hopefully flowers next year will confirm that. (y)

Number 3 - the one you don't like. I've just put the pic on the web for id and it's come back with Lonicera Nitida Baggesen's (gold Box honeysuckle). I've not seen a Lonicera that looks like that before. :unsure:

@Sheal
As an addendum to the above, the one we yanked out this morning, entry number 3 is a hedging lonicera ''pileata'' - a bit like nitida, but they call this one ''box leaved'' - probably very nice for those who like chopping plants into unnatural shapes like green statues. Afraid I'm not really posh enough for all that. I prefer natural.......
Ideal to plant with plastic grass.
I remember being just a tad sarcastic on a garden forum once, and suggested to somebody that he could get a nice plastic fence with a few plastic trees, and some nice colourful plastic flowers to enhance his new plastic grass. He wasn't offended at my sarcasm at all, he thanked me for my 'very helpful' idea :rolleyes:🥴:censored:

NB.... I'm going round the twist @Sheal I wrote this above yesterday, but forgot to click the reply button. Nitida is a softer version of this hedging plant, and the one I took out was the stronger growing one, but it is not the easiest one to determine from a photo, they both look so similar.
I can't believe I forgot to click on that big green button quite often - there's no hope!!

Thanks again @Tetters. Of the two pics you've posted in the last post - I would have called Nitida box leaved not Pileata, as the leaves are tiny? If that is right then I have Pileata and there's three in the garden at the last count. :rolleyes:

A plastic garden would be easy to look after but oh so boring. :D

I can't believe I forgot to click on that big green button quite often - there's no hope!!

You're not the only one that's lost a marble or two. There's one sitting here typing this right now. :LOL:

I just copied this....Lonicera nitida, known for its small, glossy leaves and rapid growth, is ideal for forming neat, low-maintenance hedges that are easy to shape and trim. Meanwhile, Lonicera pileata, with its arching branches and evergreen foliage, adds year-round interest to your garden.
1728326991708.webp How about some topiary?
Must hit reply...must hit reply... must h

Back