Fungus Pictures

But seriously, these two came up in my yard and I like them. The one in the grass is a little strange, curly and ruffly.

IMG_20240726_084227_burst_01.webpIMG_20240726_084412_burst_01.webpI have no idea about mushrooms, all I know the name of is "the stinking horn" that no one could forget once they smell it.

I like your sense of humour Annie, and might just add that, evidently, so I've heard, some naughty people get rid of their enemies with a subtle helping of these fungi at dinner time. The curly one is a bit difficult to see. I wonder if anyone will be able to identify it :unsure:

I like your sense of humour Annie, and might just add that, evidently, so I've heard, some naughty people get rid of their enemies with a subtle helping of these fungi at dinner time. The curly one is a bit difficult to see. I wonder if anyone will be able to identify it :unsure:
Thank you Tetters, and if it only weren't illegal, I do have someone in mind that a very last steak and mushroom dinner invitation would save me a bucket load of trouble in future. But, alas, in lieu of committing a felony, I'll keep me mushrooms to meself !!😁

This one was in my driveway which has gravel beneath with grass and a few inches soil over that.
IMG_1210.webp
The two black pots that look like eyeballs are from where I touched it and the white stuff came off on my fingers. Looks like a little Alien from the planet Gravellus !! 😆

This one was in my driveway which has gravel beneath with grass and a few inches soil over that.
View attachment 1210
The two black pots that look like eyeballs are from where I touched it and the white stuff came off on my fingers. Looks like a little Alien from the planet Gravellus !! 😆
Are you sure that's a fungus Annie? It looks like tents to me - like the ones spiders make to keep their eggs in. :unsure:

Zigs said he thought that was a parasol fungus? The milkweed is doing ok! (Asclepia) ;)
That seems appropriately named. Research shows it is a near lookalike to a toxic false parasol ( Chlorophyllum molybdites) which can cause gastric problems...so I will not consume. :eek:

I'm pleased so far with the milkweed plants I started back in early July. They have all survived to this point and I have several seedlings coming on that I just planted...swamp milkweed, butterfly milkweed, rose milkweed and asters. I'm hoping some (many) plants will come back next spring and next year, if they don't show here this fall, the monarchs will show themselves. That would be neat!

asters.webp

Back