From the Veggie Garden Today

First Bridgwater Bean :)

Tetters has eaten it already :cool:

As far as beans go, that one looks very unique! Do you cook them as-is like green beans, pod and all, or do you have to get the bean out of the pod and just eat the bean? I wonder if that's something we can get here in the states, I say just before I go do a search on Google. :ROFLMAO:

😁 When we were in the European Union we had to use Metres instead of Yards. Now we've told them to go away we've gone back to using inches, feet & yards. Not seen anyone measuring things in poles, rods & furlongs again yet though :(

View attachment 1043
Oh okay !! I never know what anyone means when they give the temps in celsius or refer to meters. I think of electric meters and try to figure out how to size them to get yards !! 😁

Furlongs I get because of racing horses in the past.

As far as beans go, that one looks very unique! Do you cook them as-is like green beans, pod and all, or do you have to get the bean out of the pod and just eat the bean? I wonder if that's something we can get here in the states, I say just before I go do a search on Google. :ROFLMAO:

I think they're the best French bean you can get, Tetters doesn't though 😁

They don't sell them in the shops here but there's a bloke in Texas that's growing them this season :whistle:

:rolleyes: typical - he didn't even give you an answer to your question Mike. You can eat the whole thing - just like any other french bean. I ate that one raw - I like peas raw as well.
@Anniekay .... never mind our Annie, you can't help being American 😁 - actually, at the moment with one thing and another, I quite wish we lived in America too.

Back