Zinnias and mini sunflower

We have zinnias at work. They are beautiful. Unfortunately, ours don't last very long because the heat gets them. Yours are lovely though!

Oh yes !!!!! Now that's a brilliant idea Cindy. I have quite a few patches on my flower beds that are screaming out for some colour. Looking through the old video Zigs made three years ago, I have realised just how many of the plants have succumbed to the weather in that time. Firstly, there was a horrible drought, where most of the UK got some rain - all except our corner, and then some rather bitterly cold winds and frost that helped to kill others. With ill health taking over then, the weeds started, and choked even more out. The Zinnias would be so perfect.
I need some good tough reliable and colourful replacements !!! Any more ideas would be welcome.....they have to be toughies!!
Having given this more thought, I'm not so sure these would be tough enough with frosts :unsure:😖

Oh yes !!!!! Now that's a brilliant idea Cindy. I have quite a few patches on my flower beds that are screaming out for some colour. Looking through the old video Zigs made three years ago, I have realised just how many of the plants have succumbed to the weather in that time. Firstly, there was a horrible drought, where most of the UK got some rain - all except our corner, and then some rather bitterly cold winds and frost that helped to kill others. With ill health taking over then, the weeds started, and choked even more out. The Zinnias would be so perfect.
I need some good tough reliable and colourful replacements !!! Any more ideas would be welcome.....they have to be toughies!!
Having given this more thought, I'm not so sure these would be tough enough with frosts :unsure:

Having given this more thought, I'm not so sure these would be tough enough with frosts :unsure:😖
In my area they have a growing time from late May until the frost which could be well in to October. There have been times I've forgotten to water them and thought they were gone but a good soak and they perk right back up. I'll send a picture later summer to show how much they multiply 🙂

Back