What music are you listening to

I listen to Rock. I don't mind some country songs, if they're country/Rock, but I don't wanna hear : "Granny fell off of the train, we had forty weeks a rain, and the crops all died"...; this is of no interest to me.

Don Mc Clean " Bye Bye Miss American Pie " was playing on the car radio in 1972 when myself and 3 friends were driving through snow covered hills in Pennsylvania on Christmas Eve day when we went to pass a slow moving Semi Truck.
Only, he knew something we didn't know.
The roads looked perfectly clear, but they weren't.

As we started to pas we started skiding. We could not get any traction on the road. So my friends boyfriend, who was driving, gave more gas
. We then fishtailed into the oncoming lane. The Semi Truck we were trying to pass started blowing his horn, blowing it frantically, repeatedly, because he saw, coming in our direction from the other side of the hill we were climbing was Semi Truck coming at us head-on at a good 80 miles an hour.
At the very last moment the rear fender of the 1962 Volvo we were in hit a large rock just off the side of the road and we were then catapulted back across the road, and just barely slid out of the way as the semi whooshed past us, and the song was singing:

" This'll be the Day that I die. This'll be the day that I die"

When we came to a stop we got out of the Volvo and there was the truck driver who we had tried to pass, clearly in shock at the sight of all this, told us we were driving on black ice.
And the song was singing: "This'll be the Day that I die.
This'll be the day that I die "

Needless to say, I know every word to this song.

Last edited:
Back