Rising Sun Redbud

Dirtmechanic

Hardiness zone
8a
Here the doggo Emma and I are discovering other useful features of her ball casting toy. I kept telling myself to itch the fertilizer in but could not seem to get back out there with a rake. I have been waiting a couple years for the roots to develop as I have moved it twice already. 20240810_190332.webp

Last edited:
20240810_190029.webpI thought it was getting hard to see the forest for the forest so I took a picture. The Rising Sun Redbud is to my left. The oaks were planted some years ago when we visited an arbor day event and brought home some 24" ( 50-60 cm) oak whips. The slight slope drop allows some drainage so both the oaks and the redbud find it suitable though here everything wants to grow on top of the clay. The redbud location is the 3rd attempt to find it a happy place. The first two were in the flat at the bottom of the hill where both water and silt come to settle in the shade. The third location is a morning sun+afternoon shade+ draining location. This is a late afternoon shot looking more or less easterly. I have decided the crepe myrtles in the shot are aliens with incredible roots and are probably not a tree but rather a sturdy viny shrub of some type.

Last edited:
I wonder what she thinks about that? Is Emma going to be revealed piece by piece? A leg and paw in the first shot and a tail in the second. :)

Despite moving the redbud to various locations all the trees look healthy DM.
20240712_182251.webp

Emma is on the left a Danish or Dutch Shephard and Dear Sweet Pepper on the right being half terrier pitbull with Labrador head. Mostly.

Back