Plastics code

A lot to digest in that video. Too much for one viewing so I'll have to watch again.

It makes me wonder some about the containers I've been using for growing some selected food... I call them Hügelkultur containers. They are made out of old cattle mineral feed tubs which are made of plastic. It never occurred to me that there would be any risk with those and there may not be any risk. I just don't know now.

Of course, if there is any risk then there is risk also to everyone who eats beef that are fed out of those tubs...and that would be literally millions and millions of people the World over. A bit mind blowing.

I feel like a complete dummy by not knowing this, but I didn't know there was a "type of plastic" code on plastics. Anyways I thought I would share this.

1:02 into the video.
I am a dummy too. This information is rather worrying and the scale of the possible problem is huge. I sent a link for the video to my son. I think his brain may unravel some of it far better than mine..... especially in my declining years 🤕
I have many food containers for stored food products and they are all plastic. They all say that they are food safe, but now I don't feel so certain.

Having had a word with my well read son, it seems that he is more than happy to use plastics that are marked as fit for food use. His thoughts mirror the truths behind the alarmist idea that the changing weather is due to our activity, which is simply not true. He also points out how much of the stuff we write is monitored and obliterated if the powers that be don't like it. He said that, especially for the younger generation , it is becoming more and more difficult to decipher what is and is not true. If, (as in Zigs experience) you have ever used the wrong kind of plastic around food stuff, it very quickly becomes apparent, as the contents take on such a dreadful flavour you have to throw the stuff away a bit quick smart! Zigs, at one time made wine in such a manner :ROFLMAO: I decided that I wouldn't therefore waste too much time worrying about it at this stage. I feel more concerned about the fact that our carbon is dangerously low.

Tetters is correct :)

I was given some plastic tubs that looked good for making wine in so I fermented 5 gallons of liquorice ginger in them. Big mistake, it came out tasting like a plastic bag that had been cooked in a microwave and then boiled up for 3 hours with a load of coke bottles :sick::sick::sick:

Back