Radish "Chips"

Mike

Administrator
First name
Mike
Hardiness zone
8a
So we've discussed this before and today is the day we (or at least I) find out what these things are about.

For those who missed it, I found a recipe on YouTube where a lady cut her radishes very thin, coated them in olive oil, added seasoning (salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder), then baked them in the oven until they were golden brown and crispy.

I've got a brisket on the smoker for tonight and I'll be using yesterday's radish harvest to make the chips as a side dish. I'll let y'all know!

So, the radish chips are pretty tasty! They still have a bit of the radish flavor, but it's very faint. Still, if you're looking for something a little different to do with your radishes that is still worth doing, give it a shot. My picky eater son even liked them!

We're about to try a batch in the air fryer to see how those turn out too.

PXL_20240511_220253200.MP.webp

That is good news to me. I grow a lot of Daikon radish and they can get very large. I definitely will try this with them.

View attachment 30

I had one radish that we missed the last time so it was very large, probably extremely bitter if eaten raw. I went ahead and cooked it too and even it was good. So, especially if you accidentally let some go too long, this is a great way to save them.

I will say, though, that they're definitely not as crisp as a chip. Maybe they needed to bake longer but the small ones were on the verge of burning and we didn't want to take some and put the rest back in the oven.

Back