Photography Competition

Mike

Administrator
First name
Mike
Hardiness zone
8a
So I'd like to get the ball moving on this soon but I'd like to get everyone's ideas on categories that we could use from month to month. As soon as we get the categories/months nailed down, we can go ahead and kick this thing off!

Here are a few I have in mind, in no particular order...also, keep in mind, that the months I'm choosing for these may need to be tweaked to best match the seasons from across the pond, too, but as I'm not too familiar with the whether there, we'll have to work together to dial these in to be best for all our members around the world.

• Bountiful harvest - Pictures of your garden harvest, either before or after harvesting. I'm thinking June/July for this one.
  • Winter Wonderland - Not one that I'd ever probably be able to participate in because we have almost no winter here, but I do very much enjoy beautiful snow-filled photos. This one would probably need to happen in January/February.
  • Wet 'n Wild - From droplets of dew on your plants to the large pond in your garden. If it's wet, it'll work. I think this one could actually fit in any time of the year, except for maybe in winter.
  • Let the Sunshine In - Not necessarily photos of the sun, but photos of just about anything where it's clear that the sun is shining bright. I'm thinking the best time for this one would be July/August.
  • Make a Night of It - Anything from gardens lit up with small decorative lights, to full night skies, as long as it's a photo taken at night, let's see it! This one can probably be during any month.

Sounds good Mike :)

• Spring Scenes
  • Autumn/Fall
  • Rivers/Seas/Ponds.
Lovely Zigs, shall we adjust those a little bit mm? A small tweak do you think?

The magic of Springtime
Autumnal gold in the Fall
Watery reflections

How about .... Misty moments in time

We have to be a bit more poetic! 🤗

February: Garden Disasters. By then, we'll have (hopefully) gotten over the pain and can laugh at disappointments from the Spring/Summer growing season (fungus, bugs, critters, drought, flood, ignorance, etc.)
That idea made me laugh and reminded me of a thread I tried to start on another forum a long time ago. My idea had been ''Show us your untidy rubbish corner in the garden'' I started it off with a shot from behind the potting shed in mine where all the tat was hidden. Hardly any others were brave enough to own up to their own rubbish heaps :rolleyes: no sense of humour... I dunno.

Back