Not sure where to put this

Ok smarty pants, maybe you could explain all about the day of the Bilby for me -- without looking it up!! then, explain all about the game of conkers --again, without looking it up. I would ask if you know why haggis have two short legs and two long legs, but then, everyone knows about that already.
Maybe I have travelled and visited a few countries in the world, but I never bothered to stop off in America. 😜
Please lets make me know when you change your mind so I can warn them. We have a fair early alert system over here. ;)

It seems there are differing opinions about when the day of the bilby happens.... but I can't find any that support yours :eek:

"National Bilby Day is celebrated in Australia on the second Sunday of September each year. This day is dedicated to raising awareness about the bilby..."

Thus, the comment about just missing the great day.
😀 When my grandchildren came to visit me - some years ago now, they came in the springtime. It was Easter time, and the kids were out in the garden very early in the morning, apparently searching for something. I was a bit puzzled, and discovered that it was the Easter bilby they were looking for. This is the equivalent to our Easter bunny, because of the similarity in the two animals. This Easter bunny has been the day of the bilby here ever since then.
The greater bilby is an endangered species in Australia now, as is the Tasmanian devil. There used to be a lesser bilby, but that has been extinct since the 1950's
1726304540646.webp This is an image and you can see the similarity this little marsupial has with the rabbit.
@Meadowlark - you did have to look it up though - didn't you. It's surprising what sort of things we all manage to chat about on our new forum ☺️
PS The National bilby day I believe, was only initiated in the 1990's because the animal was a dwindling species, and it was deemed necessary to make people aware of this. So many other species of animals in Australia have become extinct over the past years - sadly.

1726338572878.webp
The Bilby is so cute!! I want one !!
They look like a cross between an armadillo, ( without the Armor, so that'd be just a plain "Dillo") 😁 a rabbit and has a tail like a cat. How cute !! No wonder they have a day of their own !!

Back