Hello from Kent

Hi there Zigs! Welcome!

Ta Mike 😁
Hello @Zigs! You migh laugh when I tell that I had a lady email at work and ask if we might be able to run over to downtown Birmingham and do some work on a building. "Sure!" I said, before I realized she meant UK and not Alabama! The world is getting smaller!

I did laugh Mr Mechanic 😁

We nearly ended up going to the wrong church to work. The next job was on Oldbury on the hill, we were going to Oldbury on Severn which was 50 miles away 😬

Hello Ziggy, your cactus are great.

Cheers Logan 😊

SO @AlanK are you also a cactus grower, or do you grow a few normal plants? You sound to me as if you might be someone who keeps those dreadful jumping chollas that attack people 😨 I've told Ziggy he is not allowed to have any of those. If he does bring one home, he and the cholla will be permanently removed !!!!

Hi Ziggy! I had a question about cacti for you I posted in the "old" forum, but I'm not sure you saw it?

Welcome to the forum :)

I didn't till a minute ago...

Hi all, specifically @zigs , it seems my cacti are wilting and I don't know what to do about it. The momma cactus seems to be normal and healthy, but the baby cacti have dimples in the tops of their...leaves? Below are pictures. Any ideas?

Attachments​

• IMG_7846.jpg
    IMG_7846.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7845.jpg
    IMG_7845.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7844.jpg
    IMG_7844.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7843.jpg
    IMG_7843.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7842.jpg
    IMG_7842.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7841.jpg
    IMG_7841.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 2

They look like Hawarthias, not my sort of thing but I have been given a few of them. They look like that normally so I wouldn't worry too much. Water once a week now it's summer, feed with tomato feed at one teaspoon to a gallon of water. If the compost hasn't dried out by next week then wait another week till watering again, it won't hurt them :)

They look like Hawarthias, not my sort of thing but I have been given a few of them. They look like that normally so I wouldn't worry too much. Water once a week now it's summer, feed with tomato feed at one teaspoon to a gallon of water. If the compost hasn't dried out by next week then wait another week till watering again, it won't hurt them :)
Okay, I'll give it a try; thanks! And you nailed the type, if the label was anything to go by (:

Back