Garlic California Soft neck

Meadowlark

First time to get back into the garden after 55 inches of rain over three plus weeks, and I found the garlic ready to harvest. Now it will need to sun dry for a few days and then shed dry for a couple weeks before being strung up. This amounts to our annual supply plus the "seeds" for next year.

I plant the bulbs in the fall in October and basically leave them until late May. I harvested them a bit early this year because of all the moisture in the soil and the plants showing they are ready. Hopefully all the rain will not overly dilute the good garlic flavor.

garlic 2024.JPG

What fantastic results after all that worrying. Good ol' nature came up trumps. Let's hope now that Texas can enjoy summer.
Are the fences ok now - did you manage to get them fixed?

What fantastic results after all that worrying. Good ol' nature came up trumps. Let's hope now that Texas can enjoy summer.
Are the fences ok now - did you manage to get them fixed?
Bridge and fences came through this last storm just fine...unlike Houston. All that hard frantic work paid dividends as it usually does.

Cor :)

Glad you didn't get Onion white rot with all that rain :eek:

Yes, if ever a time to get rot, it would be now, but garlic is fine...have to wonder about the taste however, if diluted.

Bridge and fences came through this last storm just fine...unlike Houston. All that hard frantic work paid dividends as it usually does.

Yes, if ever a time to get rot, it would be now, but garlic is fine...have to wonder about the taste however, if diluted.

I'm sure it will be fine as the plants had finished taking up water for growth :)

Back