Gardening Database

Mike

Administrator
First name
Mike
Hardiness zone
8a
So, I guess in order to demonstrate a little better how this suggestion forum works, I thought I'd post the first suggestion to give y'all a chance to upvote it if you agree that it'd be a nice addition to the site.

I'm thinking we could have a gardening database that folks can search/browse through. The database would contain all kinds of different vegetables, fruits, flowers, etc. The info would include things like how deep the seeds should be planted, what they should/shouldn't be planted alongside, how long it should take for them to be ready to harvest, etc.

Basically, the more info the better, but I think it'd be neat to have that kind of information here, easy to find, right on the site.

Upvote 0
I like it very much and would enjoy contributing photo specimens I've grown and experience growing them if that is what you are thinking.

I have toyed with doing this myself but just haven't gotten around to it over the years.

I have grown about every veggie out there and would love to share my experiences...but I would insist that all contributions be HANDS ON, based on actual experience, and NOT cut and pasted from other sites!!!

I would insist that all contributions be HANDS ON, based on actual experience, and NOT cut and pasted from other sites!!!

I think this is a great idea! I plan on growing quite a few things myself, more and more every year, so I think we'd be able to contribute quite a bit.