Computer questions

Sheal

Hardiness zone
8a
I'm not very good with technology so please reply in idiots terms. :D

My preferred internet set up is via Edge/Bing on Windows 11. Can someone explain why video links I attach to the Music thread never fully open as others do? It's always been this way, even on Windows 10 previously. Is there a way around this please?

I think I see, you're posting links to the search you ran not to the actual vid.

In this case I see Logan and I both use YouTube. This is what I do:

Find the vid on YouTube:
Screenshot 2024-05-30 6.17.51 PM.png

Click on the SHARE button below the vid. Then a popup window shows up:Screenshot 2024-05-30 6.18.23 PM.png

Here click the COPY button next to the nonsense https: box.

Paste the copied text here and the code that Mike has in place auto corrects to an in-bedded vid:

At last! Thanks again Mr_Yan but it took me a while to suss it out. :) Oh, and great music - I'm a huge Led Zeppelin/Robert Plant fan. (y)

Edit: I've tried the above a second time and it's not working and I've no idea why. I think I'll have to ask my son to take a look via Teamviewer. I'm hopeless, give me something mechanical any day and I'll get it sorted. :D

Last edited:
A quick Teamviewer session with my son (who lives in America) has sorted it for me. What I failed to do was go into Youtube itself. I've always used the multi video sites which I've found easier when locating a particular video and couldn't find it on Youtube.

I'm totally biased. The Black Crowes front man can't replace the voice of Robert, sorry. :)

Hopefully I can post properly on the music thread now. I'll give it a go and thanks again.