Comet of the century

Today Oct. 12 is closest point of approach and viewing supposedly can be done with the naked eye. If you miss it, you will have another shot in 80,000 years.

Well thanks for that - it reminds me of a scene in the 1861 film ''Whistle down the wind'' with Hayley Mills. The line from the kids at the end ''Have we missed him'' when they were looking for Jesus.
Maybe you could have told us all about the comet the day before it showed up :rolleyes:

Well thanks for that - it reminds me of a scene in the 1861 film ''Whistle down the wind'' with Hayley Mills. The line from the kids at the end ''Have we missed him'' when they were looking for Jesus.
Maybe you could have told us all about the comet the day before it showed up :rolleyes:
Well, to be fair, you are more likely to see a Comet than you are Jesus. 😁

Oh my, when I was young I had such a crush on Hayley Mills :love:

I guess I would have if I had known about it before. 🙃 Viewing in most places can be had for the next two weeks...plenty of time for most folks.
Cor that's good then - all is not lost. I must try and find out if it will go over Kent at any time and watch out! Thanks for that information (y)
Oh dear oops, I missed the link you put on your initial post......sorry🫢

Back