Adventures with a patio

Coming along very nicely! I'd love to do something like this in my back yard but I'm afraid I'd just screw the whole thing up...🤦‍♂️

Coming along very nicely! I'd love to do something like this in my back yard but I'm afraid I'd just screw the whole thing up...🤦‍♂️
What's up with you Mike, nothing ventured, nothing gained. You have all the instructions there to follow, and if you're not sure about the herringbone pattern you can still have a go with square slabs. I'm sure @Mr_Yan will be happy to give you a bit of guidance!

@Mr_Yan It is all looking superb! The warm colour of the bricks makes such a difference to the white concrete you removed.

What's up with you Mike, nothing ventured, nothing gained. You have all the instructions there to follow, and if you're not sure about the herringbone pattern you can still have a go with square slabs. I'm sure @Mr_Yan will be happy to give you a bit of guidance!

@Mr_Yan It is all looking superb! The warm colour of the bricks makes such a difference to the white concrete you removed.

This is my typical attitude towards most things but when it comes to the thought of cutting into my lawn just to make a patio that makes things look worse, I can't make myself do it. 😂

DONE (ish)

2867 pavers set and edged and sand swept in the joints. I am sure it will need more sand swept in after the first good rain.
Screenshot 2024-05-29 5.00.39 PM.png
The corners got a bit fun in places.

And...
3.5 cubic yards of top soil was delivered today so I can get the soil up to the side of the pavers

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-29 5.01.49 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-29 5.01.49 PM.png
    751.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2024-05-29 5.01.33 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-29 5.01.33 PM.png
    756.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2024-05-29 5.01.17 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-29 5.01.17 PM.png
    661.5 KB · Views: 0
Thanks guys.

Today I started moving soil and sod to get the edge done. I'm at the end of the season to start grass but I am giving it a try anyway. As the new grass area is only about a meter wide and along the easy place to reach I think I can baby it along.

Back