New Domain Name

Mike

Administrator
First name
Mike
Hardiness zone
8a
So, because it's suspected that a few of the browser errors some of our members have been getting was because of the domain name so closely resembling that of another site, it was decided to change our name.

So, we'll now be on https://gardenchatforum.com

I would recommend everyone update their bookmarks, if you use them, to include this name instead of the other, especially if you're getting browser errors related to the old domain name.

Hopefully this will solve most of the errors people have been getting so we can continue on just chatting about our gardens!

Oh my goodness. I'm simply EXHAUSTED from all this moving around. I need a drink.
Sorry about that. I wish I'd been able to anticipate the Google issues beforehand but I'd never dealt with that before. We should be good now so grab a drink and kick up your feet.

Sorry about that. I wish I'd been able to anticipate the Google issues beforehand but I'd never dealt with that before. We should be good now so grab a drink and kick up your feet.
Maybe we shouldn't encourage this sort of behaviour ..... but then, why not 🥳🥳👯‍♂️👯‍♂️👯‍♂️🥴

Well I needed a reason for a drink. Guess I drink like I'm English and a generation or 2 older than I am. Whisky or gin are my go to.
I understand some people around here watch damp birch bark dry on the stove while drinking a beer. I suspect they are timing themselves. They even have a old english name for the process and it seems quite elaborate. They may not need too much of an excuse to dry some bark.

Well the English did do some wonderful things to ale once they started adding hops. And what the Scots do with whisky and peat... If I only decided I could afford some of those bottles.

Well the English did do some wonderful things to ale once they started adding hops. And what the Scots do with whisky and peat... If I only decided I could afford some of those bottles.
Kent is the hop growing county here in the old country. When I was a child - a very long time ago in the olden days, I remember most of the women, with their children would be collected from our estate on the back of the farm lorry, and go off every day for hop picking. There is a local brewery here too in a town near us.
I had a friend - older than me who had memories of going with his mum to do this job during WW2 and watching the dog fights above the fields. He witnessed several shot down planes with the pilots still in them - it gave him nightmares for years afterwards.

Back