Happy birthday Zigs

Thank you good people :)

Had a lovely day, Tetters bought me a metal detector and within 10 minutes I found 3 tent pegs, a handmade nail and this...

DSC06370.webp

Hallmark reads Birmingham assay office, 9 Carat Gold, dated 1969 :)

Today I found 39 tent pegs (this is a campsite) and a possible bit of shrapnell from a World War II bomb :eek:

@Zigs Happy Birthday! Did you go anywhere nice, such as "...From Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads..."

Afraid Rule Britannia was out of bounds, to my mother, my dog and clowns :(

Had a lovely day, Tetters bought me a metal detector and within 10 minutes I found 3 tent pegs, a handmade nail and this...

View attachment 1244

Today I found 39 tent pegs (this is a campsite) and a possible bit of shrapnell from a World War II bomb :eek:

If I metal detected my yard it would be sparkplugs, bicycle chains, jar lids and horse shoes. That's the metal I've dug up while gardening. I was hoping for a box full of gold, but alas...

You've gotten your first piece of gold already !!
You go Zig !! 👍

If I metal detected my yard it would be sparkplugs, bicycle chains, jar lids and horse shoes. That's the metal I've dug up while gardening. I was hoping for a box full of gold, but alas...

You've gotten your first piece of gold already !!
You go Zig !! 👍

Spark plugs you can use as fishing weights and horse shoes are good for home defence 😁

The gold was good, it took me 50 years of detecting to find my first Roman coin...

DSC00489.webp

I've just made a video of all the stuff I've already dug up in the garden...

@Zigs That video is wonderful !! I couldn't take my eyes off it !! I've found a bit of native american tools about a foot down in the garden. Red Chert is what I believe they are made of and a good sized piece of white Quartz. All of that had to come from North Georgia where the Appalachian trail goes through the hills up there. Where I am there are no stones, unless you rob some from the railway tracks, you have to buy them.

View attachment 1244

What did I miss! I am glad that ring did not have elvish writing on it! Happy Birthday Bro!

@Zigs That video is wonderful !! I couldn't take my eyes off it !! I've found a bit of native american tools about a foot down in the garden. Red Chert is what I believe they are made of and a good sized piece of white Quartz. All of that had to come from North Georgia where the Appalachian trail goes through the hills up there. Where I am there are no stones, unless you rob some from the railway tracks, you have to buy them.

Glad you liked it @Anniekay :) I found a load of flint chippings (like chert) on top of the sandstone hill where I used to live. Flint doesn't usually go up hill on it's own so I investigated. Someone had been making tools there at the end of the ice age :)

What did I miss! I am glad that ring did not have elvish writing on it! Happy Birthday Bro!

It did, the halmark said Birmingham :eek:😁 Cheers Mate :)

Happy Belated Birthday Zigs! Sorry I missed it!

View attachment 1265

Cor, ta Sheal 😊🌵

@Zigs I also found a bunch of chipping in my garden in one spot. I added them to my rock garden. So, native americans were napping tools right here in my yard at one time. Haven't come across any used arrowheads though, just handtool types made of red chert.

@Zigs I also found a bunch of chipping in my garden in one spot. I added them to my rock garden. So, native americans were napping tools right here in my yard at one time. Haven't come across any used arrowheads though, just handtool types made of red chert.

Excellent Annie :)

@Zigs that was a great video, very interesting thanks for sharing.

Glad you liked it Logan :)

Back