A more organic way for farmers to eliminate pests?

Glancing at the Guardian Headlines, I noticed this .....

As @Zigs just mentioned, we already use sticky traps in the greenhouses to trap fungus gnats etc, and they don't appear to damage bees and ladybirds at all. What do we think of this?

Yes, that thought hadn't occurred to me for the garden. I found it interesting though to think that the farming world- growing grains and the like and using mechanical methods for harvesting would be doing us all a favour by using a method like this instead of all the poisons.
A friend called in here this afternoon, who is well versed with farming methods over the years. He started work on the local farm at the age of 8years, is now 70 and volunteering at the steam railway in Kent. He informed us that they have been using this method for just over two years now along the railway line. That surprised me, it can't be all that new can it :unsure:

Well the globalists are planning that we should eat insects when the food runs out - they are already available if you look :sick:

Yes @Mike Allen, and in Australia they eat Witchetty grubs and other 'things' that I just don't fancy. I like typical English food (mind you, I've gone off some of that too since 'they' started injecting animals with a gene therapy too):cautious:

It's a good idea but if the spray is trapping aphids etc., isn't it going to be difficult to remove them when preparing the crop for sale?
I just read through this article again. They say that the sticky substance is made with edible oils, and that it is biodegradable and only stays sticky for a limited time, so it wouldn't really notice at all in the harvesting, as long as all the timing is right. Anyway it is supposedly still being researched

Back