12 miles north of the Florida line

Anniekay

Hardiness zone
9a
Hello all. I live in middle far south Georgia and this year am really feeling the zone change we had this year from zone 8b to zone 9a.
I started gardening here in 2021 on a half acre that was nothing but grass with a few old (125 yr. +) pecan trees and oaks.

I'm just struggling along trying to get it all how I want it: digging up lawn, planting dwarf fruit trees, got raised beds for veg, and a big thornless blackberry patch in back.

I'm excited to be here and to learn from all of you, or help, if I can.
Since gardening is something one can never learn enough in a lifetime to truly be masterful at, your experiences are invaluable in adding to the knowledge of others.
Cheers

Well, I didn't move but my zone did this year...from 8b to 9a. I'm doing much more fall/winter gardens than I have in past years.

Welcome!
I plan on doing more brassicas this fall too. Your Texas soil and environment is very similar to where I am. Like Joan Rivers would say: " Can we talk !? "

I got my Alphonse Karr clumping bamboo from a Texas grower and it absolutely loves it here.

Welcome from me Annie. You're so right. We never know it all when it comes to our favourite subject, there is always something new to learn. I started when I was a toddler helping my Grandad in his allotment, and at the grand old age of 80 I'm still learning :)

Back